Monday, October 17, 2011

Interlude 1: A Mt. Prospect Photo Journal

One late afternoon last week, I looked out the front window to the school fields right across the street.  Hundreds of geese were resting, or lining up along the curb to drink the rainwater that was still falling gently through blazing sunlight.


I walked out of the house into the warm rain and sunshine, and saw everything drenched in a gold light. I took a few pictures before the sun quickly set over the fields.









Looking over the rooftops along the back of the house, I caught a perfect rainbow...


Even though the end of the rainbow seems to be on our roof, I'm still looking for the pot of gold....


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to spoil your view now, but if I'm not mistaken they're Canada Geese and on more than one occasion when walking my dogs these pesky birds went for them - extremely territorial waterfowl who aren't afraid to prove it.

    ReplyDelete