Monday, October 24, 2011

The Memorial To Flight 191--A Monday Photo Journal

A few weeks ago, I wrote in this journal about the tragic crash of Flight 191 in Chicago in 1979; and about the Memorial to the 270 people on board and on the ground who were killed (click here to see the post, A Memorial For A 1979 Aviation Disaster, August 30).

The Memorial, located in Lake Park in suburban Des Plaines, Illinois, was finally completed, and dedicated on October 15.  About 1000 attended the ceremony.

When I wrote the journal entry back in August, I promised myself that I would visit the site as soon as it was completed.

This past Sunday, late on a poignant afternoon just before dusk, I spent time at the park, and took some pictures.

The pictures tell their story; no more words are necessary.  I'd like you to stand next to me, in quiet contemplation....
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment