Saturday, December 17, 2011

Holiday Images In Chicago--A Saturday Photo-Journal

Tonight I am taking a small holiday from writing, in order to share some photographs I shot a few weeks ago, on the day after Thanksgiving as we joined the crowds in downtown Chicago.

It feels right for me to think back on that wonderful day, to get into a Holiday spirit.

It's great fun to be in the city, especially with friends and loved ones.  That day, Mark and Jillian and I formed an invincible trio. 

We blended into the Black Friday crowds, walked to the Art Institute, had dinner together, and explored the Chicago Cultural Center (which I'll highlight in an upcoming journal entry).  We finished the evening at the Goodman Theater, with "Memphis".

I hope my visitors will enjoy these images as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Macy's, formerly Marshall Fields on State Street


A Sidewalk Puppet Theater regularly seen on the North Side


"GO DO GOOD"


Mark, Jillian and 'A Christmas Story'

The "L" and shopping crowds


Jillian, Mark, and the Wreathing of the Art Institute Lions


Promoting the Friday Night Holiday Concerts at Cloud Gate ("The Bean")--Windy City Performing Arts had a show on December 9th


The enormous human-face light mosaic in Millenium park


Ice Skating in the Park

The Goodman Theater, where "Memphis" played, taken a few hours before showtime

No comments:

Post a Comment