[To those who have been exceedingly kind in promoting my blog, and had tagged me for creative recognition, especially Tom (Sophisticated Lunacy) and
Dave (Ultra Dave) I am forever in your debt. I regret that I did not feel ready to follow through then....and I hope some day to earn the honor you have generously offered. You are true mentors and blogging friends.
And so I would like to tag both of you, Tom and Dave, to provide us your responses to this great survey.]
meme Pronunciation: \ˈmēm\
Function: noun Date: 1976
: an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture
And so, here are my responses to the series of questions about music in my life:
1. Open up your iTunes, music player, spin the CD, whatever, hit shuffle and tell us what is the first song to play? From my new, in-development i-Tunes, the first "song" to pop up is "The Anvil Chorus" from Verdi's opera, "Il Trovatore".
5. What was the last song you listened to? "Hey Ya" by OutKast, just happened to be on the car radio as I was driving home from the gym this afternoon. (I won't include "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" from "Women in Love", which I watched tonight on DVD.)
6. What song would you say sums you up? No song is complex enough, funny enough, or dog-friendly enough. One song that speaks most closely to my current philosophy is "Clouds (Both Sides Now)" by Joni Mitchell.
7. What's your favourite local band or band that originated from your hometown? The band Chicago, of course.
9. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day? After Joni (of COURSE), I think Elton John, to talk to him about working on Billy Elliott.